BOOK TODAY: Call 403-982-5600
We're here for YOU.
Whether you're a high performance athlete, a weekend warrior, or just someone who wants to get back to doing what you love; MOMENTUM has you covered. Our team of talented therapists and trainers work hard with you to get you back out there! Using evidenced-based and exercise driven treatments MOMENTUM is a multi-disciplinary clinic that caters to all populations. We look forward to being an active part of your recovery!
Helping you eat well, be active and be your best!
The use of very fine needles to release tension in tight muscles.
Custom splints built to treat finger, hand and wrist conditions.
SPECIALIZED SPORT SERVICES
Here to take YOU to the next level.
Perfecting how your bike fits to you to ensure that you get the most out of your ride while minimizing the chance of cycling related injury.
Helping to make sure your keep on meeting your running goals. Let us help you perfect your gait, tempo and technique!
Who Do We Treat?
MOMENTUM Physical Therapy & Sports Rehab is happy to treat all types of injuries and conditions. From professional athletes to weekend warriors and from young children to the young at heart, MOMENTUM has you covered. We are happy to announce that we also accept insurance claims from motor vehicle accidents and the Alberta Workers' Compensation Board. Coming
Frequently Asked Questions
Do I Need A Physician Referral for Physiotherapy?
- No, in Alberta you are not required to obtain a referral from a physician prior to commencing physiotherapy treatment. Please note that some insurance companies do require a referral for fee reimbursement. Please check with your healthcare plan should you have any questions regarding your coverage.
What To Expect?
- Upon arrival there is some paperwork to fill out regarding past and present medical history. Consent and liability forms will also be completed.
- When meeting your physiotherapist a comprehensive assessment will occur which may include assessment of: posture, flexibility, strength, balance, range of motion and nerve function.
- After assessment your physiotherapist will explain your diagnosis and have a discussion about your needs and goals before reviewing your treatment plan with you.
- You will be provided with a home exercise plan and pain management strategies that you will be expected to partake in when you are away from the clinic. This program will continue to work to assist you in meeting your goals.
What To Bring To Physio?
- We ask that you dress as though you are headed to the gym for a workout. Come in comfortable clothing that allows access to your point of injury (i.e. shorts for a knee injury, tank top for a shoulder injury) and please bring a pair of indoor running shoes to wear in our gym. At your first appointment it is important to bring your Alberta Health Care Card and any pertinent extended health care coverage.
Does MOMENTUM Direct Bill?
- YES, we are happy to direct bill to select insurance providers. Please see our webpage on physiotherapy coverage for all physiotherapy billing details.
Call TODAY to book your appointment!
MOMENTUM Physical Therapy & Sports Rehab is a locally owned and operated physiotherapy clinic located in Okotoks, Alberta.